"Feel free to use my words - as they are the truth! You went above and beyond to put together a great selection of multiple speakers that are perfect for us! Really, you and your agency are simply the best! I called several bureaus throughout the country for help in planning and placing speakers at our large upcoming event in 2018. You were by far the very best - listening to my needs and budget and coming through quickly and professionally!"
- Dawn Tauber | Central Valley, NY
"Austin Eubanks was absolutely wonderful! What a powerful story! I believe it was the best expo we have ever had. Thank you for finding the "right" keynote speaker for us with such an inspiring message. "
- Barbara Nicholson-Brown | 2017 Art of Recovery Expo, AZ
- Eric Viara, MEd, LADC | Substance Abuse Prevention Coordinator | Glastonbury, CT
"Christopher Poulos spoke at our annual awards banquet. He gave an inspirational talk sharing his struggles, his determination, his faith and his goals with us. The attendees at the meeting were very enthusiastic in their praise of his talk. One of the best we’ve had."
- Daniel Nisley | President and CEO of Heart of Texas Goodwill Industries, INC | Waco, Texas
“Greg Williams is a compelling story teller. His insights and breath of knowledge of all things associated with the issues of addiction and recovery is impressive!”
“Speakers for Change was a tremendous help in our efforts to plan and coordinate our public forum!”
- Robert L. Miller, MPH, RS | Director of Health, Eastern Highlands Health District | Connecticut
"Your presentation was wonderful and I felt like our 7th and 8th grade students got a lot out of it. I always can tell when the Q & A portion of the presentation comes if it was a successful event - and there were lots of great questions. The students seemed very engaged and attentive which is very hard to do with students of that age! Kayla's story was remarkable to hear and encouraging to those who are either battling addiction or in a family with a member suffering from addiction. I think both of your perspectives of being the mother of a daughter in recovery and then hearing that person's point of view as well, was refreshing to hear versus someone who has a text book speech and never walked in those shoes personally. I wish Speakers for Change much luck in the upcoming year and hope that you are both able to spread your message! It is definitely one to hear."
- Kate Simmermon | Assistant to Chief Michael F. Boyd | Somers Point Municipal Alliance
"I would like to thank Speakers For Change for the support and assistance with our community awareness event, 'Stop the Whispers, Start the Conversation.' It was a fantastic night, our message of 'hope' was well received. The performance by CiBon and Ken Shiles was a perfect fit. Their music, talent and message touched many hearts."
- Frank L. Mattiace, PhD | Executive Director, New Pathway Counseling | NJ
"Tracy from Speakers for Change does a professional job from beginning to end. Booking a speaker was convenient, allowed us to stay within our budget and offered us a quality speaker in Tom Goris. Tom’s message was well delivered and our student-athletes received a great message about the dangers, effects, and help outlets for those who have a drug or alcohol addiction. The College of St. Rose will definitely be using Speakers for Change again for our next drug and alcohol awareness program for our student-athletes. "
– Mike Perno | Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach/Operations | College of St. Rose, Albany NY
"Speakers for Change made the process of finding and booking a keynote speaker for our event quick, simple, and easy. Questions were answered in a timely manner and our keynote speaker, John Shinholser, was beyond wonderful! "
- Beth Ohlsson | Executive Director, Salisbury Substance Abuse Community Center | Salisbury, Maryland.
Comments about Speakers for Change First Annual Overdose Awareness and Remembrance Event
- "A beautiful and moving event ! " - Rita McGibney & Ben Asher
- " It was such a perfect memorial for loved ones lost and yet there was also hope for the future." - Kathy Gitto
- " Thanks to Speakers For Change for organizing such a successful and informative event which was designed to honor, remember, educate and create awareness."
- Charles Kerley, Atlantic County Municipal Alliance.
"On Behalf of Atlantic Prevention Resources, Join Together Atlantic County and Stockton University, I just wanted to thank you for presenting at our "Living Above the Influence" April Youth Summit. This year we had eight high schools represented with over 250 students in attendance. Receiving information on the dangers of substance misuse is very important, but having that personal story, especially from a parent's point of view, made a greater impact on the attendees. Your dedication to helping the community to reduce addiction and substance misuse is valued by all who hear your message."
- Laurie Smith | Community Initiatives Coordinator, Atlantic Prevention Resources about Speakers for Change Founder, Tracy Smith
"The Freedom House banquet committee had the pleasure of working with Tracy in planning the appropriate speaker for our fall gala event. This was the first time our organization agreed to pursue hiring a keynote speaker so there was quite a bit of apprehension. Not only did Tracy take time to speak with our committee and identify the perfect keynote for our audience but she also guided us in planning out the evening timeline. I personally have been fundraising and organizing events for nonprofits for over 20 years and I have never come across a vendor who has taken so much time and willingness to share their professional and personal experience towards a positive outcome for all involved. Thank you Tracy and Speakers for Change. We look forward to working with you again in 2017."
- Dawn Knill | Freedom House | Clinton, NJ
"When putting together our Red Ribbon Week Program, Speakers for Change and Tracy Smith came immediately to mind, I know how dedicated she is to this fight for wellness and I understand her commitment to the community. Of course she came through, I gave her our time constraints and she put together a presentation that was real and hopeful. The recovering young ladies who spoke were inspirational, heartwarming, and made a genuine connection with the target audience!
– Joseph J Monteleone | Absegami High School Guidance | Galloway, NJ
"I've found that the single most effective way to get through to teens and young adults is by sharing your experience, strength, and hope with them. Speakers for Change is emerging at the most important time in our community's history, a time when we face an addiction crisis of pandemic proportions. The knowledgeable and trained speakers that Tracy Smith is assembling for Speakers for Change will SAVE LIVES!"
– Ted Khoury | Advocate and Certified Recovery Coach | Linwood, NJ
"Tracy’s presentation was wonderful. She is a dynamic speaker who has a story that needs to be heard by parents and school counselors alike. Her message proves that with dedication and continued support our children can recover from addiction. Tracy will inspire you to do more to prevent drug and alcohol addiction in our youth."
– Kristen Barron-Geubtner | Guidance Counselor | Atlantic County Chairperson for ASAP, Association of Student Assistance Professionals of NJ
"I reached out to Tracy Smith and Speakers for Change to be part of a panel discussion regarding Teen Depression and Current Drug Trends. Not only was Tracy able to accommodate us with short notice, her portion of the presentation with her testimonial and that of Cassandra, was the backbone of our evening. It was captivating and informative. I wish every parent and student in our district was here to meet with them."
– Karen Cavalieri | Supervisor of Guidance at Cedar Creek High School | Galloway, NJ
"I had the pleasure of working with Tracy Smith two weeks ago for our first Drug Court participant retreat. The attendees had nothing but praise for the presentation on Breaking Barriers with New Language of addiction and recovery ! Tracy was upbeat and positive and I really appreciate her involvement with our organization. Speakers for Change is an awesome group and any one of their speakers would be an asset to a workshop. Tracy's dedication to changing lives of the recovering and still suffering individual with substance use disorder is truly inspiring!"
- Rebecca Hope | Cape May County Drug Court | Cape May, NJ
Students from Mainland High School on Prevention and Youth Speaker Kayla Grammer
- "I'm glad I came to school that day. The presentation was very educational and certainly eye-opening!" - A. V.
- "The fact that the stories were first hand experiences of people from this area really showed that addiction is closer to home than many of us think." - L.M.